Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pilgrimage and Jubilee: My First Fifty-Ish Years in Poetry, Prose, and Pictures


Dear friends,

For many years, I had been plotting to compile a book of my poems, favorite essays, stories, and photos to chronicle my first 50 years of life. I knew I would call it Pilgrimage and Jubilee. My initial goal was to do it in time for my 50th birthday, but that was over a year ago. However, I did manage to pull it off in time to print up several copies as Christmas presents for my family. I finished it on Christmas Eve, so I was cutting it close!

Anyway, I thought you all might like to see it, too, so I have uploaded the PDF file to Scribd and embedded it here in this post. You can scroll through it or download it as you like. If you want to view it full screen, you can click on the rectangle button on the right side of the Scribd bar underneath the document window.

It even has color pictures, which the printed version didn't. I created all of the art work and most of the photos.  
If you are one of my relatives, you might be particularly interested, because I put in a lot of information about our mutual ancestors, too. Even if you aren't part of our clan, the historical details might intrigue you. What can you find out about your own family?

Let me know what you think!

Much love,
Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails